Tuesday, September 3, 2013

the face of an angel

Today I almost hit a small hedgehog with my car. It was crossing over the road in the center of Florence, in a place I was not expecting it to be. Luckily I managed to avoid it, but I am not sure the car behind me did. I feel so bad about that: If I would have stopped the car, then the car behind me would have to too. What happened to the small animal? How about my own karma?
I wish I could be a quick thinker so that I would have reacted in just a second, but I am not.



I am following a blog written by a young Swede who is dying of cancer. He has not reached his thirties yet, still he is a good journalist and his book was a bestseller in Sweden, though he is dying. He often writes about all the things he would do if he would have been healthy. He dreams about his past, about his journeys, about becoming a grand journalist in New York.
He often writes that life is so beautiful, and I wish I could appreciate it more than I do.
Is it only when we are living on the edge that we fully can worship life?
Should we take more advantage of our talents while we are still healthy and can?

Yesterday was a black day. I recieved the news that a friend who I got to know three years ago in Beijing had died. He was brutally killed in his homeland, Ecuador. He was a photo-journalist but did not die because of that. His brother is a minister so newspapers speculate whether or not this might have been the cause.
I don´t know, but what I do know is that he was a very brave good hearted soul. We spent some weeks getting acquainted, and during those moments we just shared thoughts and experiences. He had such a pure heart, he had no interest towards me, just to get to know me. After he left he sent me an email telling me he was happy that we met.
Why do many of the warmest hearted people die prematurely?
I wish this world could have more people in it like Juan Antonio, pure noble hearts.
God put angels on earth, some leave early, some stay for longer.
The face of a small hedgehog looks like the face of an angel, and who knows, maybe it is an angel?
Nobody knows how they really look like, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment