Thursday, August 1, 2013

sowing seeds



                                                                                                                  









De parvis grandis acervus eris
out of something small, great things can be accomplished


Looking back, on August 1st one year ago, I posted some thoughts regarding the owl - the sign of transformation. Now, a whole year has past by, and what have I learnt since.


                                                                 
I learnt the essence of: sowing seeds



Sowing seeds can be interpreted in many different ways. You may sow flowers, vegetables or other seeds to make your garden look beautiful, to have tasty vegetables or just a greener environment. This is partly what I have been doing.
I have planted almost two hundred plants of tomatoes, together with zucchini, peppers, unions, potatoes, cucumbers, aubergines...



It has been an amazing journey to see the tomatoe plants become two meters high and full
of red fruits hanging from them, when four months earlier they were only a 1 mm small seed.
To see something so small and vulnerable, become something so hugh and generous, is awarding. You dedicate a lot of your time taking care of these plants, from watering them when they are small, to eliminating branches and tying them when they get bigger. The fun part is to pick the fruit. That is the time when you can fully sense the satisfaction of your fatigues. The taste of the tomatoes is the proof your work has been rewarding.



There are many ways to sow seeds on. I have been imagining myself being a seed. I do this as a meditation. I bend down lying like a baby in my mothers stomach. In there I am safe, since I am just a small tiny seed. Then something happens to me. I can feel the warmth coming, filling my whole body from within. It gets so warm, I feel I need to move. I take my first moves, up towards the sun. I slowly move my arms up to touch the sky. My legs are bending open now, standing up. I feel I want to reach the sky, my whole body is a plant which is growing towards the sun, almost feeling as if I could touch it. Finally the tense feeling of reaching out gets to a climax. I yell out loud, then I let my arms hang down, relaxing.



Another way to sow seeds is in life. Whatever your aims, your goals, your ambitions are. Start to sow some seeds here and there. Look for the right people and let them know what you desire. Keep your eyes open, never let an occasion go out of hand. Each moment in life can be a moment to sow a seed. Slowly, but safely, you will see that what you are sowing will start to grow.
Whether it is about a job, a material thing, a spiritual path, a journey or a relationship.



In relationships, especially, sowing seeds are important. When making new friends you are sowing new seeds. Then, in time, you need to make sure to take care of the friendship. If you do not take care of the plant that is growing, it will grow out of hand. A relation is just as a fragile flower - you need to take daily care of it. You need to water it, give it some nutrition, let it stand in the sun. If you do not add some positive energy to the relationship, sooner or later it is condemned to break.



Sowing seeds are important for our lives. They can make our dreams come true. They make our relationships last long. They help us achieve what we want in life.
But you need to remember to have no rush. Growing is a long process, it takes time and a lot
of energy and care.


     Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
                                                                                             Who goes slowly, goes healthy, goes far

2 comments:

  1. Yes, sowing seeds, teaching children listening to others, baking a cake, cooking a meal, just having fun, singing a song, inventing a joke, losing yourself in a dance! Thank you for reminding me of sowing seeds!!!


    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kiki, nice to hear from you again!
    I have your art in my livingroom, kitchen and bedroom. By now I believe your art is sowing seeds all over the planet earth. You inspire the lonely spirits and give hope to faithless hearts.
    Continue sharing your love and care, spreading your seeds of wonders!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete